The Conference and Mentoring Project (CAMP) takes place Oct. 28-30 at the Hotel Roanoke in Roanoke, Va. SCHEDULE Click here to see the schedule. HIGHLIGHTS Our keynoters will be Danyel Smith, cultural lead at “The Undefeated” for ESPN, and Aminda “Mindy” Marqués Gonzalez, the executive editor and vice president of news for The Miami Herald and a member of our advisory board. Find out about Books & Browse and the JAWS Online/Onsite Auction. FRIDAY PRE-CONFERENCE WORKSHOPS (requires pre-registration + fee) Read about the pre-conference workshops on freelancing and data journalism. NOT REGISTERED YET FOR CAMP? Registration is open! Register here. Registration includes most meals and access to networking, mentoring, panels and keynotes.
- Conference registration: $400 for members, $500 for non-members
- A One-day pass: $135 for members, $200 for non-members
- Hotel’s overnight parking rate is $8/day.
- The hotel is 5 minutes from the airport.
- Taxis from the airport are about $8.
- Complimentary hotel shuttle
- Airport pickup: Call 540-853-8230 to dispatch the hotel’s complimentary shuttle for an airport pick-up. Wait time can range from 10 to 25 minutes.
- Daily schedule: First shuttle departs the hotel at 5:15 a.m. and last ends at 11:45 p.m.
Reviewing all that I learned at amazing .@womenjournos #JAWS15 today and thinking about how to put it into practice. — Rachel Sams (@ABQBizEditor) October 13, 2015
Going back to LA after an amazing weekend at #jaws15. Met so many inspirational @womenjournos, feeling empowered! pic.twitter.com/gQFgDWTKMS — Saba Hamedy (@saba_h) October 12, 2015
My first #jaws15. It’s been an honor to have meaningful convos with those who came before and those who will come after. @womenjournos — Sarah Brooks Grady (@SarahKGrady) October 12, 2015REFUND POLICY Unable to attend CAMP 2016? Good news! Your registration is transferrable. Please consider gifting your CAMP registration to someone who would not otherwise be able to attend and has requested financial assistance. If you have to cancel your registration, you are eligible for a full refund before Oct. 15 and a partial refund (50%) if you cancel Oct. 15-30. Please note that we will not issue refunds to those who cancel after CAMP and that non-attendance does not constitute a cancellation. Failure to communicate with JAWS about your cancellation prior to the end of CAMP forfeits any refund you may have been eligible to receive.