Navigating journalism as a full or part-time freelancer is tough enough. Whether you’re new to freelance writing or other independent contracting, or simply need a refresher for the COVID-19 economy, join Journalism & Women Symposium for a webinar with Stacie Brew on August 12 at 7 p.m. Eastern Time.
The webinar is free and open to all. Register here.
Stacie has been a small business consultant for 30 years. She specializes in helping small non-profit and for profit businesses (up to $4M) get the most out of their accounting software by conducting a thorough review of the account structure and all related accounting processes. Once the initial process is complete, Stacie meets with the appropriate staff member(s) to discuss a series of actions that need to be taken to improve the business’ overall financials.
Stacie will review small business basics and answer your questions in this interactive workshop. You’ll benefit, too, from sharing your own experiences within a supportive community of other independent contractors.
Leave with an understanding of:
- The tax differences of being an employee versus a contractor
- Your worth, and how to determine your hourly/billable rate
- The kind of business you want to establish
- Record-keeping using small business accounting software
- How to evaluate professional accounting assistance
- How to make smart decisions for your business, locale, and circumstance
Register today to receive the webinar link.