Do you have a new book out that you’re looking to share with a couple hundred journalists from around the country?
If so, the Journalism & Women Symposium has an opportunity for you: we’re looking for about eight authors to sell and sign their books during our annual Conference and Mentoring Project (CAMP) Books & Browse cocktail hour on Saturday, Oct. 13, from 6 to 7 p.m.
A CAMP staple, Books & Browse allows attendees to chat with authors about their work and purchase their books.
For the first time this year, Books & Browse authors will also read three-minute excerpts of their books, bringing their work to life in these “lightning readings.”
If you’re interested in participating, fill out this form by Aug. 15.
A few details to keep in mind:
- You must be a current JAWS member to share your work at Books & Browse. If you’re not a member already, now is the time to join JAWS!
- You must also be registered for CAMP. Register for CAMP here.
- You’ll be responsible for getting your book(s) to the hotel no later than Oct. 11 and returning any unsold copies—though we hope you won’t need to return any!
- Plan to have a minimum of 10 books on site to sell, 20 if your book is a new release.
- You set the price for your book and JAWS will handle purchases using Square, leaving you free to sign and chat.
- Typically, authors donate a portion of their book sales to JAWS.
A check for your sales, with Square’s credit card processing fee deducted for any applicable transactions, will be mailed to you within a week of the event.
- If you have any questions about Books & Browse, please contact Lindsey Anderson or Roxann Elliott at .