By Roxann Elliott, JAWS Operations Director
The 2018 Conference and Mentoring Project (CAMP) is just around the corner, and we need your help.
CAMP is our 3-day training and networking retreat, held this year in stunning Welches, Oregon from October 12-14. Nestled in the shadow of Mount Hood, this year’s CAMP features keynote speakers Elise Hu and Jemele Hill headlining a packed slate of panels covering reporting skills, navigating the journalism industry, storytelling, and topic-specific reporting.
It’s our biggest event of the year, and it all works because of JAWS members like you. Each year, we rely on the participation of volunteers (both attendees and non-attendees) to help bring the loose threads together and make CAMP a vibrant, inclusive and rewarding experience for everyone.
This year, we need people to help with:
- Author assistance and payment processing for “Books & Browse”
- Editors for CAMP Fellow articles and videos, audio pieces, etc.
- Proofreaders and Editors for pre-CAMP communications and program preparation
- “Wranglers” to help direct people and keep events on schedule
- Friday night “Hosts” for first-time CAMPers
- General CAMP assistance – we work with your schedule to fill miscellaneous CAMP needs
If you’re interested in volunteering, please fill out this brief Google Form and don’t forget to register before June 30 to receive your early-bird discount!